LEADER has carefully studied and tested every fan they manufacture to ensure very rapid room pressurization using Positive Pressure Ventilation (PPV). The power of each fan is perfectly managed to optimize the operational advantage to the firefighters using our Leader fans
Firefighting fans fall into four categories:
- Gas-driven ventilators/fans
- Battery-powered ventilators/fans
- Electric ventilators/fans
- Hydraulic or water-driven ventilators/fans
- Large flow ventilators/fans
With range flows of 17,650 to over 58800 cfm, we can guarantee real efficiency during each rescue, attack, protection, or smoke removal operation, with easy setup linked to the Easy Pow’air technology (automatic tilting).
Our range of battery-powered fans, which can be easily carried by a single firefighter, can adapt to specific operational situations, like booster ventilation. These fans are also Compact and self-contained, they can work closely to the fire, providing a flow of around 14,700 cfm.
The fire ventilation fans include our LFV (large flow ventilators) with a flow of 235,431 cfm.
Finally, for explosive atmospheres, LEADER offers a sucking and blowing ATEX fan equipped with a ZAG connection to remove dangerous gases securely and quickly, thanks to its 5297 cfm flow.
Each blower fan is designed to be easily carried by a single person, and its ergonomic design makes it easy to store in response vehicles
LEADER HAS DEVELOPED TWO TECHNOLOGIES: EASY POW’AIR & NEO
EASY POW’AIR TECHNOLOGY:
- A powerful and concentrated jet of air: The speed and focused shape of the Easy Pow’Air jet catches surrounding air, thereby increasing the fan’s flow rate.
- Creates space for response teams working around doors: The force and stability of the jet give constant and optimal efficiency from 6.5 to 19.6 ft between fan and opening. This technology creates valuable space for response teams working in /around the entrance. The fans can be deployed as close as 3 ft. The increased distance reduces noise levels for responders.
- Simple setup: Automatic +10° tilt: when raised, the lifting handle automatically positions the fan at its optimal angle of tilt. Fine adjustment of the tilt from +10° to +20° is also possible.
- Easy to ventilate up entrance steps: The ability to withdraw the apparatus and tilt it to its maximum angle makes ventilation possible in these situations: raised doors and windows, entrance steps, landings, etc. Ventilation on a slope: Its optional prop allows the fan to be directed down at an angle of -10°. Very useful for basement work.
LEADER relies on scientific research to optimize positive pressure attacks, considering the characteristics of fire smoke but also building constraints.
The developed NEO concept and its oval air-jet offer the option to position the fire ventilators at greater distances from the openings, from 3 to 19.6 ft, while reducing the impact of noise.
This optimal combination between the grille, propeller, and housing of the fan offers up to 20% greater performance for unrivaled power in these categories.
LEADER’s test center with an instrumented “test house” includes a dedicated room for measuring flow rates and pressures to standard AMCA 240-06. The test house incorporates multiple features allowing fans to be tested and compared, allowing for real-life situational testing.
This testing center is indispensable to our R&D department. Without it, our developing innovations to LEADER fans and maximizing their performance would not be possible.
The testing facility allows us to invite customers and partners to see the efficiency of our fans and the firefighting benefits of controlling ventilation.